1) FORDHAM VON REYN C, MASLOW JN, BARBER TW, et al: Persistent colonisation of potable water as a source of Mycobacterium avium infection in AIDS. Lancet, 1994; 343:1137.
2) NIGHTINGALE SD, BYRD LT, SOUTHERN PM, et al: Incidence of Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare complex bacteremia in human immunodeficiency viruspositive patients. J Infect Dis, 1992; 165:1082.
3) NAKANUMAY, LIEW CT, PETERS RL, etal: Pathologic features of the liver in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Liver, 1986; 6:158.
4) WOODS GL. Disease due to the Mycobacterium avium complex in patients infected with immunodeficiency virus: diagnosis and susceptibility testing. Clin Infect Dis, 1994; 1: 3S (suppl):227.
5) PREGO V, GLATTAE, ROY V, et al: Comparative yield of blood culture for fungi and mycobacteria, liver biopsy and bone marrow biopsy in the diagnosis of fever of undetermined origin in human immunodeficiency virus infected patients. Arch Intern Med, 1990; 150: 333.
6) KAHN SA, SALTZMAN BR, KLEIN RS, et al: Hepatic disorders in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: a clinical and pathological study. Am J Gastroenterol, 1986; 81:1145.
7) HORSBURGH CR, METCHOCK B, GORDON SM, et al: Predictors of survival in patients with AIDS and disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex disease. J Infect Dis, 1994; 170:573.
8) MASUR H: Recommendations on prophylaxis and therapy for disseminated Mycobacteriurn aviumcomplex disease in patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virus. N Engl J Med, 1993; 329:898.
9) KEMPER CA, MENG T-C, NUSSBAUM J, et al: Treatment of Mycobacterium avium complex bacteremia in AIDS with a four-drug oral regimen: rifampin, ethambutol, clofazimine and ciprofloxacin. Ann Intern Med, 1992; 116:466.
10) CHAISSON RE, SLUTKIN G. Tuberculosis and human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Infect Dis, 1989; 159: 96.
11) POTTIPATI AR, DAVE PB, GUMASTE V, VIEUX U. Tuberculous abscess of the liver in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. J Clin Gastroenterol, 1991; 13:549.
12) KIELHOFNER MA, HAMILL RJ. Focal hepatic tuberculosis in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. South Med J, 1991; 84:401.
13) CHAISSON RE, SCHECTER GF, THEUER CP et a,l: Tuberculosis in patients with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome- clinical features, response to therapy and survival. Am Rev Respir Dis, 1987; 136: 570.
14) PERKOCHA LA, GEAGHAN SM, BENEDICT YEN TS, et al: Clinical and pathological features of bacillary peliosis hepatis in association with human immunodeficiency virus infection. N Engl J Med, 1990; 323: 1581.
15) SLATER LN, WELCH DF, MIN K-W. Rochalimaea henselae causes bacillary angiomatosis and peliosis hepatis. Arch Intern Med, 1992; 152: 602.
16) WELCH DF, PICKETT DA, SLATER LN, et al: Rochalimaea henselae sp nov: a cause of septicemia, bacillary angiornatosis, and parenchymal bacillary peliosis. J Clin Microbiol, 1992; 30:275.
17) SCHNEIDERMAN DJ, ARENSON DM, CELLO JP, et al: Hepatic disease in patients with the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). Hepatology, 1987; 7:925.
18) CAPPELL MS, SCHWARTZ MS, BI EM PICA L. Clinical utility of liver biopsy in patients with serum antibodies to the human immunodeficiency virus. Am J Med, 1990; 88:123.
19) HORVATH J, RAFFANTI SP. Clinical aspects of the interactions between human immunodeficiency virus and the hepatotropic viruses. Clin Infect Dis, 1994; 18: 339.
20) MCNAIR ANB, MAIN J, THOMAS FIC. Interactions of thehuman immunodeficiency virus and the hepatotropic viruses. Semin Liv Dis, 1992; 12:188.
21) KAKUMUS,YATAK,KASHIOT. ImmunoregulatoryTcell function in acute and chronic liver disease. Gastroenterology, 1980; 79: 613.
22) WAITE J, GILSON RJ, WELLER IV, et al: Hepatitis B virus reactivation or reinfection associated with HIV-1 infection. AIDS, 1988; 2:443.
23) BODSWORTH N, DONOVAN B, NIGHTINGALE BN. Theeffectof concurrent human immunodeficiencyvirus infection on chronic hepatitis B: a study of 150 homosexual men. J Infect Dis, 1989; 160:577.
24) HADLER SC, JUDSON FN, O'MALLEY PM, et al: Outcome of hepatitis B virus infection in homosexual men and its relation to prior human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Infect Dis, 1991; 163: 454.
25) BODSWORTH NJ, COOPER DA, DONOVAN B. The influence of human immunodeficiency virus type-1 infection on the development of the hepatitis B virus carrier state. J Infect Dis, 1991; 163:1138.
26) SOLOMON RE, VAN RADEN M, KASLOW RA, et al: Association of hepatitis B surface and core antibody with acquisition and manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection. Am J Publ Health, 1990; 80:1475.
27) GOLDIN RD, FISH DE, HAY A, et al: Histological and immunohistochemical study of hepatitis B virus in human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Clin Pathol, 1990; 43:203.
28) KROGSGAARD K, LINDHARDT BO, NIELSON JO, et al: The influence of HTLV III infection on the natural history of hepatitis B virus infection in male homosexual HBsAg carriers. Hepatology, 1987; 7:37.
29) COLLIER AC, COREY L, MURPHY VL, HANDSFIELDHH: Antibody to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and suboptimal response to hepatitis B vaccination. Ann Intern Med, 1988; 109:101.
30) PERRILLO RP, SCHIFF ER, DAVIS GL, et al: A randomized, controlled trial of interferon alfa-2b alone and after prednisone with drawal for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B. N Engl J Med, 1990; 323: 295.
31) MCDONALD JA, CARUSO L, KARAYIANNIS P, et al: Diminished responsiveness of male homosexual chronic hepatitis B virus carriers with HTLV-III antibodies to recombinant a-interferon. Hepatology, 1987; 7:719.
32) DONAHUE JG, NELSON KE, MUNOZA, et al: Antibody to hepatitis C virus among cardiac surgery patients, homosexual men, and intravenous drug users in Baltimore, Maryland. Am J Epiderniol, 1991; 134:1206.
33) MARTIN P, DIBISCEGLIE AM, KASSIANIDESC, et al: Rapidly progressive non-A, non-B hepatitis in patients with human immunodeficiency virus. Gastroenterology, 1989;97:1559.
34) RIDZON R, GALLAGHER K, CIESIELSKI C, et al: Simultaneous transmission of human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus from a needle-stick injury. N Engl J Med, 1997; 336: 919.
35) KIYOSAWA K, SODEYAMA T, TANAKA E, et al: Interrelationship of blood transfusion, non-A, non-B hepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma: analysis by detection of antibody to hepatitis C virus. Hepatology, 1990;12:671.
36) ZANETTI AR, TANZI E, PACCAGNINI S, et al: Motherto-infant transmission of hepatitis C virus. Lancet, 1995;345:289.
37) DORRUCCI M, PEZZOTTI P, PHILLIPS AN, et al: Coinfection of hepatitis C virus with human immunodeficiency virus and progression to AIDS. J Infect Dis, 1995; 172:1503.
38) QUAN MC, KRAJDEN M, GRIGORIEW GA, et al: Hepatitis C virus infection in patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virus. Clin Infect Dis, 1993; 17:117.
39) SHERMAN KE, ANDREATTA C, O'BRIEN J, et al: Hepatitis C in human immunodeficiency viruscoinfected patients: increased variability in the hypervariable envelope code domain. Hepatology, 1996;23:688
40) OKADA S, AKAHANE Y, SUZUKI H, et al: The degree of variability in the amino terminal region of the E2/NS1 protein of hepatitis C virus correlates with responsiveness to interferon therapy in viremic patients. Hepatology, 1992; 16: 619.
41) SORIANO V, GARCÍA-SAMANIEGO J, BRAVO R, et al: Efficacy and safety of a-interferon treatment for chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patients. J Infection, 1995; 31:9.
42) VENTOS, GAROFANOT, DI PERRI G, etal: Zidovudine therapy associated with remission of chronic active hepatitis C in HIV-1 carriers. AIDS, 1991; 5:776.
43) BONACINI M, NUSSBAUM J, AHLUWALIA C. Gastrointestinal, hepatic, and pancreatic involvement with Cryptococcus neoformans in AIDS. J Clin Gastroenterol, 1990; 12: 295.
44) POBLETE RB, RODRIGUES K, FOUST RT, et al: Pneumocystis carinii hepatitis in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Ann Intern Med, 1989; 110:737.
45) CELLO JP: Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome cholangiopathy: spectrum of disease. Am J Med, 1989; 86: 539.
46) BENHAMOU Y, CAUMES E, GEROSA Y, et al: AIDS related cholangiopathy. Critical analysis of a prospective series of 26 patients. Dig Dis Sci, 1993; 38:1113.
47) VITERI AL, GREENE JF: Bile duct abnormalities in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Gastroenterology, 1987; 92: 2014.
48) CHALASANI N, WILCOX CM: Etiology, evaluation, and outcome of jaundice in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Hepatology, 1996; 23: 728.
49) RENE E, MARCHE C, CHEVALIER T, et al: Cytomegalovirus colitis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Dig Dis Sci, 1988; 33:741.
50) EIDELBERG D, SOTREL A, VOGEL M, et al: Progressive polyradiculopathy in acquired immune deficiency syndrome. Neurology, 1986; 36: 912.
51) POL S, ROMANA CA, RICHARD S et al: Microsporidia infection in patients with the human immunodeficiency virus and unexplained cholangitis. N Engl J Med, 1993; 328: 95.
52) SIFUENTES-OSORNIO J, PORRAS-CORTES G, BENDALL R, et al: Cyclospora cayetanensis infection in patients with and without AIDS: biliary disease as anotherclinical manifestation. Clin Infect Dis, 1995; 21: 1092.
53) WURTZ RM, KOCKA FE, PETERS CS, et al: Clinical characteristics of severe cases of diarrhea associated with a novel acid-fast organism in the stool. Clin Infect Dis, 1993; 16:136.
54) KAVIN H, JONAS RB, CHOWDHURY L, KABINS S. Acalculous cholecystitis and cytomegalovirus infection in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Ann Intern Med, 1986; 104: 53.
55) MADICO G, GILMAN R, MIRANDA E, et al: Treatment of cyclospora infections with co-trimoxazole. Lancet, 1993; 342:122.
56) CELLO JP, CHAN MF. Long-term follow-up of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography sphincterotomy for patients with acquired immune deficiency syndrome papillary stenosis. Am J Med, 1995; 99:600.
57) SMITH FJ, MATHIESON JR, COOPERBERG PL. Abdominal abnormalities in AIDS: detection at US in a large population. Radiology, 1994; 192:691.
58) RADIN DR, ESPLIN JA, LEVINE AM, et al: AIDSrelated non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: abdominal CT findings in 112 patients. Am J Roentgenol, 1993; 160:1133.
59) COMER GM, MUKHERJEE S, SCHOLES JV, et al: Liver biopsies in the acquired immune deficiency syndrome: influence of endemic disease and drug abuse. Am J Gastroenterol, 1989; 84:1525.
60) SHAVIN RE, WALSH TJ, POLLACK AD. Late generalized tuberculosis: a clinical pathologic analysis and comparison of 100 cases in the preantibiotic and antibiotic eras. Medicine, 1980; 59: 352.
61) GORDON SC, VENERI RS, MCFADDEN RIF, etal: Major hemorrhage after percutaneous liver biopsy in patients with AIDS (letter). Gastroenterology, 1991; 100: 1787.
62) JEFFERS LJ, ALZATE 1, AGUILAR H, et al: Laparoscopic and histologic findings in patients with the human immunodeficiency virus. Gastrointest Endosc, 1994; 40:160.